CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Our New President

This past Tuesday was a historic moment for the United States of America.  This nation elected Barack Obama as our President.  He is the first black man to be president.  Now, when you girls finally read this journal, this may not seem like a big deal . . . but it is.  These are exciting times on so many different levels, and maybe I can encourage Papi to write something about this as well.  Papi and I have spent many long nights watching debates, conventions, and speeches (and basically I am 1 tired mama & don't understand that much more).  It has been a long & crazy campaign.  I also need to mention a word about the man he ran against, John McCain.  John McCain lost, but his last speech on the night he lost the election was spoken with integrity.  He not only congratulated Mr. Obama, but offered his service to him as his new president.  Mr. McCain truly ended his campaign in an honorable way.  It was very impressive to watch.  Now, as President -elect Obama and his family prepare to move into the white house I am excited & curious to see what the future holds.
Blessings, wisdom & discernment to you, our next president: Barack Obama. 

3 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

hee hee like I would have time to hire myself out as someones shopper. THe best thing is YES I do use each and everything I got. It was awesome. I recommend going to my coupon blog to check out how to do it.

Kim said...

Well said!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

John Mc Cain's speech was very very well spoken. I wish he had spoken like that during the campaign! He was eloquent and showed how dignified and human he was. He is a man of honor. Best wishes to our new president...he has a tough job in front of him!