CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Indoor Camping - A New Reward

I'm all about bribing - or rather rewarding you girls for listening to mommy the first time.  It has been so hard (to put it mildly) to get you guys to clean your playroom, so . . . I may have found a new incentive.  Indoor Camping.  Not sure how we sto, uhm came by this tent (I think Frank & Sarah), and I am grateful.  In order for it to fit, the playroom floor needs to be visible - what more does any mother want than to see the stained carpet.  God smiled on the event b/c Stella fell asleep on the couch watching Veggie Tales & saved me the trouble of her 'enjoying' the time in the tent.  I found an old head lamp & took Arturo's bike light off & voila you girls were in camp heaven (nope we don't seem to own a flashlight & I thought a candle may be a bad choice).  Armed with a stack full of books & your lights you crawled in, asked be be zipped up & were complete gems.  Today I packed up the the tent & will try to use it for you guys to be good this week - we'll see.


11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow! What a great bribe, I mean, idea! LOL Hey, whatever works, right!!

Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog! It is now bookmarked. I admire anyone with 5 within 5 years of each other!

Marla said...

I loved camping indoors when I was little, and my kids love it now. We use lots of blankets and chairs. There are times when they have the whole room converted into a tent and you can no longer see the floor.

jordanlogan321 said...

What a great idea! My kids do something similsr when they make forts out of blankets and whatever sturdy furniture is available. It is great fun for them but sometimes I freak out a little when it coms to cleanup time. I bet a tent is so much more easier. Great blog! See you Wednesday.

Shannon said...

Great idea! I can't wait until I can use those little bribes, uh incentives on my little ones!

Kim said...

I love it! That is the best idea!! I like the new header too, very cute.

Yes, my name is Arizona said...

Great idea!! I'm all about bribes, too. How else do you get kids to do anything???!!! LOL!

angie said...

Soooooooo smart. Brilliant, really.

girlytwins said...

What a great bribe. We might have to steal that idea from you. It sounds like fun for mommy & daddy too :)

Lyndsey mae said...

Absolutely amazing! What a brilliant idea! .. Can't wait to use it :)

Casey's trio said...

What a cool idea! I'll have to store this one away for future use:)

Jaime said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing:)